Tuesday, March 11, 2014

morning breaks

Daylight savings.  Wow. It is simultaneously horrible and awesome.

My Sammy has always been an early riser. And it's probably my fault...when I was pregnant in August I would wake up at 5 in the morning, sneak out onto our back deck and read for a solid hour with just the stillness of the day and my baby's furtive kicks to keep me company.

And so now when he is up at the crack of dawn I try not to be annoyed at him.

This morning when it was pitch dark in our room and I roused to the sounds of his happy sing songs from the crib in the next room I have to fight to avoid having my first thought of the day be "NOOOOO"...but when i look at the clock and see that I got to sleep in until 6:30 I think "YESSSSS"

Because there have only been a handful of days in the past 16 months that I have actually been able to sleep that late.

1 comment:

TRS said...

I am amused because I recall a post of yours, prior to expecting Sam, in which you described your ideal existence as having children who are early risers!

It may sound stalker-ish of me to recall that... But it's just that I keep track of morning people.... I don't trust them! Same with runners. If someone is an early riser runner, we won't be friends! Tee hee!