Thursday, November 11, 2010

Reason 5,814 I love my husband

This morning we woke up bright and early and found a few inches of snow covering everything outside. Our usual routine is to get up and walk our dog. It's usually a great way to get the blood pumpin and gives us a chance to start our day together, talking.

I love it.

But the ear doctor? He likes it when it's bright, sunny and warm. This morning? It was cold, dark and snowy...not is favorite combination.

But he got up and went with me because he's the best.


After our walk we got ready for the day. I was in the shower, and feeling very inspired by the weather, I started doing my best Zooey D.

"Baby it's cold outside" is practically always the first song I start singing when the holiday season begins to approach. However, it really is a duet....and try as I might I just can't sing both parts at once! So I started only singing the girl part.

But that song really does need another person to sing the other half of the lyrics or it doesn't make much sense.

I was just starting to think that I would have to switch my shower song when my man cracked the bathroom door and started singing the low boy's part!

I had my very own Christmas season duet this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And, luckily for me, the person on the other side of the shower curtain was my best friend in the world and not Will Ferrel in a crazy elf-man suit.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Love! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I want snow!!!

dad said...

maybe he is really an elf with all the good things he does