Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Busted

I have a deep, dark, guilty secret.

I freakin love Kraft singles.

I love their slightly rubbery texture, their over salted flavor and I take great joy in peeling off that clingy plastic.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love a good fancy cheese too...but the kraft singles will always hold a place in my heart.

When we were little my parents bought my sister and I the cheese. We would sneak slices all day long and thought my mom never knew about our pilfered prize...because we stuffed the plastic wrappers between the cushions of the couch.

When she sat in that chair and heard the tell-tale crinkle of plastic wrappers her brains exploded. She ripped the couch apart and picked out every single piece of greasy plastic.

Kraft singles were banned in our house from that moment forward.




This morning I woke up and found this note, lovingly left for me by my husband on the kitchen counter:


I hope he doesn't decide to ban Nature's Valley granola bars from the house, because I really REALLY like them...

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

Hee, hee. This totally made me laugh. I haven't had a Kraft single in years, but it's making me remember when my sister and I would sneak them from the fridge when my mom wasn't looking. :)

MSmith said...

When I re-upholstered out sofa, I dug out a big black garbage bag of popcicle sticks, sucker sticks, candy wrappers (snickers!), and various pieces of uneaten goods. Yea, we moms know :)

Anonymous said...

Even grandma found wrappers from older kids.
g-jane