Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Scared of the Dark

I have a confession to make.

When I got to bed at night and walk across my dark room to my bed an embarrasing thought flits through my head.

It is quick and fleeting, but somehow evokes a slight emotional response.

I momentarliy think that someone/thing is going to reach out from under my bed, grab my ankles and drag me under my bed.

Yes, I am 24 years old and this fear still haunts me from childhood.

I blame Fred Savage.


I'm looking into getting the clapper so that I don't have to walk across my room in the dark.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem when I was kid. It wasn't monsters. I was afraid of my own shadow on the wall. The shadow was cast by my nightlight.

Would have been better off without a nightlight, as I wasn't scared of the dark - it was the shadow that freaked me out!
What I would have done for verbal skills at that age!!!

k said...

I'm scared of the dark too, although not in my bedroom - out in the woods. I did a 3 mile hike into a campsite, leaving the trailhead at midnight recently and that helped me get over it to some extent, but I'd still rather not be hanging around in the dark by myself.

a tall sassy gal said...

There have been times when I have ran out of dark room because I freaked thinking someone is in there. I am 25!!