Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dear Heidi's,

Oh my gosh. You will never believe what the ear doctor did for me.

So remember the other day when we tried to have you for lunch and I had to be back to work for a really stupid meeting. Come on, remember? It was the day I didn't get to eat there because the ear doctor and I got preoccupied and didn't show up to your door until 20 minutes before my meeting started. Well, I decided I didn't want to chance being late for the meeting, so I left the ear doctor there and headed back to my office.

That whole afternoon I was totally starving because I hadn't had time to eat.

So last night the ear doctor said that he had a surprise for me. Excitedly, I waited until after our institute (bible study) class. Then, the ear doctor pulled me into the little kitchen area. He pulled out two small square Styrofoam take-out containers.

He opened the first one and there was one of your beautiful cannolis. As he reached for the second one I said out loud, "if there is an eclair in that box you are the man of my dreams."

He reached over and unlocked the little Styrofoam tab and there it was. The eclair. We both sat on the counter talking and laughing and enjoying your delicious gourmet desserts. It was awesome.

Oh, Heidis, I think I love this man.

Sincerely,

Katie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sheer perfection!

bex said...

that is the cutest story i have ever heard.

Anth said...

That's hot.

Anonymous said...

This is toatally off teh subject of the sweetness of the ear doctor --I remember from last Thanksgiving that you were interested in knitting. On of my knitting lists mentioned a wool market in Estes Park this Saturday. She is taking a bus from her LYS in Denver, so it must be a big deal. If you are still interested in yarn & haven't other plans, it could be fun (or expensive & dangerous!)

Mrs. Architect said...

Aww!! So Sweet! I love it!