Thursday, June 01, 2006

I enjoy being a girl...


I don't know why, but I can never find a dress that I like. They are always too short, too long, the wrong color, the wrong cut, the wrong material, poorly made, way too expensive, ect.

However, after reading Jordan's blog (a cool new blog that I really like), I stumbled onto the dress of my dreams.

It is just beautiful. How I long for this dress. Actually, if it were just a little bit different I would probably have to run right out and drop the whopping $350 that it cost. Here are my alterations that would make this dress absolutely perfect.

First, I would add little capped sleeves. Sleeves that just barley sneak over the top of my shoulder. The sleeves would have curved folds in them to keep the line of the swooping material that goes under the bustline.

Second, I would raise the neckline in the back up a bit. I think a low back is very very pretty, but having it that low means that I probably wouldn't wear it to church. I would like to be able to wear this dress-of-perfection everywhere and for anything and the higher back would let me do that.



6 comments:

katezmom said...

I liked the one you chose, but did you see the red striped one? I like it too. How 'bout the navy one with the 3/4 sleeves? Cuter if the sleeves were caps.

Maggie said...

I LOVE DRESSES! They are my dream!

Courtney said...

You know, I actually like your version of the dress BETTER than the original!!

I think I'm getting modest in my old age. :)

jordan said...

Thanks for linking to my blog and thanks for all the comments :) I love that navy dress. I swear half the dresses I buy I end upjust wearing with a little cardigan. So goes the life of someone with "wardrobe restrictions."

poodle said...

is this an anthropologie dress? i LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Mariposa in River Park Square had some dresses with a similar feel to them that weren't quite as pricey & some had cap sleeves (it's good to plan ahead). If you have a Mariposa close by you might give them a look.