Holy long-time-without-a-post Batman!
Finals are officially over and I am 1/4 of the way done with my Masters degree. How awesome is that! This semester has been a roller coaster, but I've learned a lot doing it.
1) Prioritizing. There comes a point when I meet my limits and at that point I have to decide what will be sacrificed. Keeping priorities set right guarantees that I will be happy down the road with the choices I make.
2) Having a boyfriend that is willing to be supportive and leave me alone when I need it is crucial. I wasn't sure about how going to school would affect our relationship, but in the end everything turned out great.
3) Realizing that getting an A in a class isn't as important as learning the material. Usually one indicates the other, but sometimes it doesn't, and that's alright too.
4) Serving others keeps my head on straight. I'm so happy I have the chance to serve people through my church position. It is so important for me to remember the needs of others when I am feeling like my world is getting a little too difficult.
5) Staying positive about things really does wonders. Mid way through the semester I didn't think I was doing what I wanted to be doing. I just kept getting more and more negative about school and work. Good thing I got a swift kick in the rear because now I realize I wouldn't rather do anything else.