Wednesday, September 16, 2009

It begins

The month between signing a contract and closing on a house is filled with one thing.




Paper.


Already I'm up to my eyeballs and this is only the paper showing the current status of my bank and retirement accounts. Just this morning I signed my name no less than a hundred times. Yes, my social security number is what I say it is. Yes, I understand that I shouldn't commit loan fraud. Yes, this pitifully small number is my boiled down material worth.

Before this is over I am going to be responsible for the death of at least 10 Amazonian rain forest trees...

8 comments:

Maggie said...

I was totally unaware that you were using Amazonian rainforest paper! My personal favorite is the farmed from Washington type of paper.

Mrs. Architect said...

WEEEE!!! HOW EXCITING!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

{Erica} said...

Exciting.

Word of advice...ready EVERYTHING! Ask a ton of questions and don't be afraid to change things and make requests :)

Janssen said...

Oh man. It is CRAZY.

Wait until you sell. ACK!

MSmith said...

have fun!

Hannah said...

I think you need a stamp

Anonymous said...

Get used to it!
g-Jane

Anonymous said...

Check out aunt marci's blog about snakes. You will laugh so hard you snort.

Mom