Monday, April 25, 2011

Low key holiday

Our Easter was great.

It was the first day in 9 days that I really did my hair...but I still couldn't shave my legs so I wore a long skirt and just hoped that people at church were kind enough to look the other direction.

We were invited to a friend's house for dinner and I managed to bake the most perfect lemon meringue pie...an Easter classic in my mother's house. I managed to basically make it with one hand. The hostess said it was the best pie she'd ever had in her life and my husband said it was the best crust I've ever made.

Then I spent the entire evening laying around on the couch recovering from the great effort it took to do the above two items and eating jelly beans.

4 comments:

denise said...

Yay for jelly beans!

Anonymous said...

Yes, lemon pie is a favorite in our house.
g-jane

MSmith said...

AWESOME. I had a dream the other night that my leg hair was about an inch long and felt like fur.

Janssen said...

Okay, must invite myself over for dinner sometime. I'll INSIST you make that pie. . .