Thursday, October 04, 2012

superhero son

Since friends and family found out we are having a baby I have been totally blown away by the attention, love and PRESENTS people have just randomly sent us in the mail! The generosity has been overwhelming. Yesterday afternoon we got another little surprise in the mail.

An overstuffed cardboard envelope came and I got really excited when I saw the return address was from Sanaz, the new wife of one of my best friends from undergrad, Bryan. Sanaz is pretty much the most amazingly thoughtful, warm, considerate person I've ever met in my life so I was sure this was going to be something really special.

As I ripped open the envelope and pulled out the blue plush fabric I could feel a belly laugh start to ripple from the bottom of my feet out through my grinning face.



A plush, insulated spiderman costume for a baby! How cool is it to send someone something so totally impractical, but AWESOME?

Along with the suit was a note written by my friend Bryan on traditional engineering paper telling me that when he was little he work a spiderman costume anywhere and anytime his mom would let him. So he wanted to get this for us, not just as a halloween costume, but so that he can wear it anytime he wants to feel like a superhero. How great is that?


Something this awesome deserved an honored place in our nursery nook. Hanging on display for everyone to see...right next to his Spokane/carhartt costume...

2 comments:

heather said...

LOVE this gift!! And your friends are absolutely right...dressing up as someone else is a favorite thing for all my kids. This costume will probably be one of the most-used things you will receive! What a fun idea!

Unknown said...

That is so cool! You should dress him in that frequently. Maybe even to church? Jk. Carhartt's are the best! Especially when he starts crawling around (very sturdy knees).