Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Because I haven't posted in a while...

I filled out this survey about a year ago, but I looked back at my responses and realized that I didn't give these questions the real answers they deserved. So, in an effort to pass the time at work and allow my hot head to cool down from my terrible moving drama this weekend, you all will be entertained with the following.

This is one of the earliest famous "get to know me" -style questionnaires. It is called the "Proust Questionnaire", of which there are two versions. Neither of them were written by Proust, but rather were made well-known because his answers somehow were saved and later published.

  • What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? To feel alone, isolated, misunderstood or forgotten
  • Where would you like to live? Location isn't as important as the people who live with me....but somewhere with nice weather is always a plus.
  • What is your idea of earthly happiness? earthly happiness...really understanding that there is a method to the apparent madness. Using that direction to offer that happiness to those around you. To really enjoy nature. To sit and be still. To be at peace with yourself.
  • To what faults do you feel most indulgent? Often I find myself basing my judgment of others upon superficial/chance moments.
  • Who are your favorite heroes of fiction? I really like the type of hero that Ayn Rand embodies in Dagny Taggart. Those who fight for an ideal. Who don't give up. Who remain true to themselves. Who represent what we all should be striving for.
  • Who are your favorite characters in history? The ones who didn't make the history books.
  • Who are your favorite heroines in real life? "A woman of genius leading an ordinary life"<- I plagiarized this because I think it is SO eloquent and beautiful.
  • Who are your favorite heroines of fiction? Those who are strong and brave yet still retain an element of femininity. I can't think of one off the top of my head. Only Ester comes to mind.
  • Your favorite painter? I haven't really had a chance to be well-versed enough to pick a favorite.
  • Your favorite musician? Jeez, where do I begin? Classically speaking, I really like the Russians and the Spanish...mostly the romantics. In the Jazz/Swing arena, I love Billie Holiday. Her voice gives me chills because it is rough and real. In music coming out today...hard to say. You have to look a lot more for real "musicians." I really like Fiona Apple because her lyrics are raw.
  • The quality you most admire in a man? Integrity, Self Control/mastery, rippling pectorals.
  • The quality you most admire in a woman? Sincerity, Quiet strength, Loyalty
  • Your favorite virtue? Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Integrity
  • Your favorite occupation? Making music, working in the garden
  • Your most marked characteristic? Physically, my bright red hair.....Personality, driven.
  • What do you most value in your friends? Loyalty and love
  • What is your principle defect? I make the same mistakes over and over without learning anything.
  • What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes? Never understanding how loved and valuable I am.
  • What would you like to be? The person my mom thinks I can be. To reach the potential that those who love me know I have.
  • What is your favorite color? Green...It’s clean and fresh.
  • What's your favorite flower? The ones that make my parent's back yard a haven from the responsibilities of my adulthood.
  • What is your favorite bird? The little one that woke me up this morning.
  • What are your favorite names? Garrett and Maggie
  • What is it you most dislike? Failing...even worse, being mediocre
  • What natural gift would you most like to possess? Charisma like my father's
  • How would you like to die? With a peace concerning the future.
  • What is your present state of mind? Pensive, introspective, as "deep" as I ever am. Slightly annoyed that I don't have the answers to this already figured out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who is it that you want to be living with if location isn't important?

Anonymous said...

Well I'd say it should defintely be this ear doctor guy!