Thursday, July 20, 2006

Dear Scalp,

So today you are totally fascinating to me.

This weekend I (rudely) left you out in the sun far longer than the 10 minutes that it takes you to burn. Consequently, you turned a wonderful shade of pink. Actually, judging by the level of pain you caused me, I thought I had actually blistered you right up.

I'm truly sorry about that.

Today you have begun to flake off in huge, disgusting, leprosy-like flakes and as much as I know I should be embarrassed by you I am secretly very intrigued. I've never noticed your personal flare with peeling. You are so unlike my arms, legs and nose when you peel. When they peel it comes off in long, thin, silk-like layers. You, on the other hand, peel off in deep, thick, angry chunks. Chunks that stick in my hair and give the impression of poor hygiene habits. Picking bits of you out of my hair gives me a sick kind of pleasure that I should try to hide but refuse to.

Right now you are so itchy that I wish I could just spend the rest of the afternoon in front of a mirror getting every little bit out.

But I won't.

I'll save that for tomorrow.

Sincerely,

Katie

5 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

i like to pick flakes of skin off of my body too. but i don't burn easily, so i am denied that pleasure.

Maggie said...

Sorry you forgot the part! Hope it doesn't hurt too much. Your explination is kinda gross though. I love you and I miss you and I can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

Augh yes, my dearest Katie, I too have enjoyed the pleasure of "the peel." I find it particularly fascinating when you can see the hair folicles in the skin when you hold it up to the light. What's with Mr. Disgusting's comment. If your head's clean, it's no different than clipping a nail or pulling out a hair. When a member of our family has a cool peel, we all gather 'round with sighs of amazement accompanied with many "oooh's." After my chemical peel to enhance my youthful appearance, I was able to peel from forehead to chest. Joyfully, this type of peel is not accompanied with pain.
Party on!

katezmom said...

OK I think the last one is your crazy aunt

Unknown said...

I was giggling out loud reading this post! I am also incredibly fascinated with peeling :)