Monday, March 05, 2007

Thanks so much!

After 3 different floral arrangements dropped at my door, a box of chocolates and a hundred loving phone calls over the past 5 days I sure have felt like one loved girl! I'm feeling much better today, despite my slightly droopy right side face and leaking eye!

This weekend was great. I dialed the pace of my usually frantic life back a few notches and just tried to recoup from the emotional roller coaster brought on by nerves, deadlines and medication. I still managed to pull off a delicious dinner for 15 last night as a going away celebration for my roommate. It was a lot of fun to have people over and not let this silly face thing mess things up.

This morning I got a really important email from a friend that summed up my take-home lesson from this whole "event". She wrote:

I guess the moral of the story is, even though your physical disability is temporary, you will forever have a greater understanding and compassion for those who struggle with a physical deformity or disability which will benefit you for the rest of your life.

I'm so lucky to have such grounded and supportive people in my life.


girl from florida said...

What a wonderful message to think about in this situation! I am so sorry you're going through this, I've been thinking of you & praying for a quick recovery for you.

You have such an amazing outlook considering your situation- like always!!!

ashlynn said...

Flowers & chocolate - sounds like that would make any day better.