- MATLAB is hard, but awesome when you figure it out.
- I don't have to get straight A's in everything. This is a lesson that I'm SO glad I learned. I don't think I would have learned it any other way.
- Some things are more important than others. I've learned to prioritize these things a lot better.
- I've realized that school/work/"success" doesn't really drive me like it used to. People and my interactions with them tend to by my main motivation.
- I'm so lucky to be blessed with a mind that understands things, because I have not been blessed with the patience to persistently work to understand.
- When sitting in an otherwise boring class it is important to keep my mind wide open to the different interpretations of what the teacher is talking about. One lecture on bacterial growth in space helped me reaffirm my faith in God. Beat that!
- Having an advanced degree means that someone worked very hard in one particular area. It does not give them carte blanche in all areas.
- Teaching is awesome, grading papers is not.
- In the future I will remember to treat those less experienced than myself with respect.
Well, that's all I can think of at the moment. I'm so excited to graduate!