Monday, November 09, 2009

A thing I had not supposed

Saturday night the ear doctor and I went on an honest to goodness date. And it was awesome.


I always thought that since it is just the two of us at this point (our puppy Roscoe doesn't count) that all our time together was "couple time." I figured that grabbing dinner or watching a movie at the house all counted as fun date time because, well, we were there together.

Plus we've been trying to be SO frugal since April so we could buy our house that we cut out going on formal dates.


Turns out that was a bad idea.


Because it was AMAZINGLY fun to be out on a date with my man. Aside from the near catastrophic case of dehydration I almost gave myself (FYI, working on home improvement all day in Colorado without drinking a DROP of water = a bad idea), it was the best time I've had in months.

We went to dinner at our favorite diner downtown, Sam's. Then we walked over to the performing arts complex to watch an awesome improv comedy show.


All in all, a perfect night. And a great lesson learned on my part...going on official dates is uber important for our relationship.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

Isn't that such a strange thing - that being home together is not the same as going out together? It astounds me every time.

Mrs. Architect said...

I agree. So very important. :o)

Glad yall had a fun time!