Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Kind of pathetic

Growing up my parents always got a ton of Christmas cards from their friends. I remember how my mom displaying them for the entire month of December. I can imagine it made her feel awesome to know so many people cared enough about us to spend a quarter and send us a family update.


I think seeing all those cards up must have made an impression on my young mind because every Christmas I find a way to display the well wishes we've received. But, I have to admit, since we haven't ever sent out Christmas cards our tableau isn't really that impressive. In fact, it's kind of like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree of card displays:


Starting from left to right:

1. The card left for us in our milk box from our milkman...not even personally addressed to us
2. A card my husband's advisor gave us...this one is legit
3. A shockingly awesome rainbow card from an old college friend and his wife...this thing is so amazing...literally the most awesome Christmas card I've ever seen
4. A photo card from the ear doctor's office mate...who reads every post I ever write but never comments...
5. A picture card we got in the mail of kids we don't know. It was addressed to the previous owners of our house.
6. A card given to us from the people who run the Christmas tree lot where we bought our symbol of the season
7. A thanksgiving card from ear doctor's grandma...what...we needed more cards to fill the shelf...
8. An invitation to a New Years Eve party

8 comments:

megs and josh said...

It looks great even with just a few! We didn't end up sending cards this year or else we would have surely sent you one. Remember you've still got a week for more to join the shelf too. MERRY CHRISTMAS! have fun in California!
Love, Megan and Josh

Unknown said...

Hey! Where's our card that we sent you?

Mrs N said...

My card should reach you soon...

Why don't you do cards? No kids is not a reason! Ona sends me a card each year! :D

MrsEm said...

Aww! I recognize that amazing rainbow card from my own display!

Anonymous said...

Your home looks beautiful. I hope you are enjoying the sights, sounds, and smells of the season. Love and miss you,
Aunti M

Anonymous said...

Glad you display all cards even the anonymous ones. Hope you enjoy your Calif. Christmas. We wish you the gifts of love, friendship and good health.
g-jane

Stephanie said...

It all looks pretty even if you don't have a ton of cards. I noticed a lot of people just posting a picture on facebook and saying Merry Christmas, or sending out an email with holiday wishes. I wonder if Christmas cards are going to become a thing of the past?

jules said...

i'm commenting!
i made it up on the ledge!!!!!!!