Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Spoils

Last night I went to an ornament exchange party hosted by a good friend. She asked me to come early, so I did. I helped her cut fudge and layout food. I helped her arrange chairs and open the door for guests.

There were about 20 interesting, smart, funny women attending this party. And the best part is that I only knew about half of them.

Have I mentioned that I love meeting new people? I love it. Lately I've been feeling a bit stale and boring, but meeting new people always makes me feel like a million bucks. I can tell them my funniest, best stories and I get to hear brand new things about them.

And to top it off, I ended up getting the best ornament in the bunch...a blue wool whale with a big wide smile across his little face.

It doesn't get much better than that.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

that is awesome. pretty sure I need one!

denise said...

Nicely done

dad said...

Nice to see you blogging again

Unknown said...

I think everyone feels stale and boring at times... That's cool that you like meeting new people. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I guess it depends on my mood. That is a pretty sweet ornament by the way!

Anonymous said...

I have a friend that kept all her 'gift" ornaments. Now her tree is so beautiful with wonderful memories.
g-jane