Thursday, January 22, 2009

Yesterday I got a particularly awesome email from a friend I haven't heard from in a long time. She asked me if there was any big news with our little family.

For a second I couldn't really think of anything.
For some reason this question always trips me up. Off to top of my head my life seems routine, the same, a bit bland. I mean, if there were some big news woudln't it leap out of the dusty corners of my brain and present itself immediatly upon my request?

But then I realized that yes, I do actaully have some pretty great news.

My parents live in Eastern Washington where this has been the view of their house for the past 2 months:


Yuck!

In an effort to claw their way out of the snow cave and shake off their gray sky induced mole-like living they decided to run away to the sun. And, as luck would have it, they want to take the ear doctor and I to run along with them.

In 3 weeks we'll be heading down to Florida!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray for a spontaneous vacation!!!!!!! Yesterday I got a little excited and spent 5 mintues making this little guy:




That way I can count down to my trip! I made it out of pink post-it notes and drew little hearts on the links. I thought that way if someone came into my office they might just think I'm counting down the days until Valentines instead of what I'm actaully doing.
For some reason it just doesn't seem like the most professional thing to be literally ripping away links on a chain that symbolically represents my upcoming cubical liberation.

6 comments:

Katharina said...

Rip those links, girl! You know all the rest of us working stiffs would be doing it right along with you. ; )

Janssen said...

Very cool. . . I wish I was going!

Anonymous said...

we will ROCK

Emily said...

Sounds fun! i miss spontaneous vacations!

TRS said...

I'd love to share a cube wall with you. You are hilarious and you enjoy life!

I have something for you on my blog!!

Mindy said...

I love the tiny countdown chain. And I enjoy your blog. Thanks for the stories.