Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Great news

2 items of great news my friends:

First, our Appliances are being delivered today!!!!!!!!!

We purchased our appliances the Saturday after Thanksgiving. They were initially scheduled to be delivered to the house on December 15th, and since they are only 1 month late I guess I shouldn't be too upset? Right....

Second, I have found my new passion in home repair/remodeling.

Patching and repairing drywall.

Sweet Moses, this is a fun little job. If you like frosting cakes, this is the job for you. It's quick and totally fulfills the little perfectionist living deep inside my soul.


So if this whole Aerospace engineer thing doesn't work out I'm pretty sure I've found my fall-back career.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Katie- come to my house and be in heaven. I've got a BUNCH of cracks that need patching.

Maggie said...

You could also be very helpful at our house.

Katharina said...

I do love the patching. Matching the overlying texture AFTER the patch job, though...not my fave. What is the texture on your walls?

Kari said...

I hope you enjoyed the first night with your appliances...did you sing them a goodnight song (I think I did when mine were delivered!!)??

Kari

TRS said...

If you think you can fix settling cracks in my ceiling and match the original old-world plaster texture - I have work for you here too! And I'm local!

MSmith said...

DANG!!! I love drywall (hanging, patching, taping, texturing). But the sanding is done by my sweetie.
Aunti M