Thursday, June 23, 2005

My Apologies

I know I've been a crap blogger this week, but I am just so excited to be going home tomorrow that I can barely function.

Seriously, this week at work might have been my all time low on productivity.

I can't wait to hop on that plane tomorrow and have it whisk me away back to a world where everyone around me thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread and I get to be child-like and happy and not have to worry about rent and car payments and organizing group outings.

I wasn't one of those kids who was ever really "too cool" for their family. True, I was slightly embarrassed when my dad showed up at my high school wearing the bathrobe that didn't even come to his knees to drop off food for my food drive, but I never really thought that they were a pain or stupid.

Maybe it's because my mom is so funny,

or that she loves to go to Costco and eat samples,

or that she always has a great suggestion of what book to read.

Maybe it's that my dad can become best friends with a perfect stranger...Especially in line at the grocery store,

or that when he laughs really hard he rubs his hands together so fast it would make Mr. Miyagi jealous,

or that his eyes tear up from "allergies" when he thinks about me or my sister.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I hear the Cheers theme in the background ...

~Jef

The Unprocessed Project said...

Cute post. Have a blast visiting the familia!

Blake said...

My sample eating loyalties are with SAMS Club. In college on a Saturday you couldn't find a better bargain for lunch.

Blake

Mrs. Architect said...

That is SO sweet! I dont think I was ever too cool for my family either. Sure, they had their embarassing moments, but even I embarass myself from time to time.

Maggie said...

Daddy told Mom the other day, "I don't think I can make it through this (my wedding) without crying." Of course he can't. He's not supposed to.

Unknown said...

awww!! That made ME tear up :) damn allergies.

Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Mrs. Architect said...

You still enjoying home? We're missing you over here!