Thursday, August 06, 2009

On becoming hip to the jive

About a year ago I went to an activity with about 100 8-12 year old girls. I was feeling pretty confident about my ability to relate to their hopes and dreams because, well, I read the whole Twilight series. Conversation would not be a problem.

Then, the karaoke came out and every single little girl knew EVERY word to EVERY song they played...and I hadn't heard a single one?!?! How can that be possible. I actually have a certain talent when it comes to learning song lyrics..and yet? Nothing!

It turned out I was too old to know any Hannah Montana and too young to have my own little girl swept into this pop culture craze.

Have you ever been in this kind of situation? The kind where you are merrily bopping along, thinking that you have a pretty good handle on things, assuming that you've pretty much figured out what's going on around you? You feel decently "hip."

...and then...

...suddenly something happens and you're just dumbfounded to realize how wrong you were?

You've been missing out.



Well, it happened to me AGAIN last night. Have you heard of this awesome Amazon.com ratings/product review phenomenon? Turns out people are posting hilariously awesome product reviews on some items on amazon. They had me laughing so hard that I actually cried and FELL OUT OF MY CHAIR.


Do yourself a favor, click THIS LINK, scroll down to the bottom of the page to the product reviews and enjoy.



It's WAY better than learning the lyrics to Hannah Montana...I promise.

9 comments:

Mrs. Case said...

My brother, who is ten years my junior and lives with me, has NO PROBLEM remindng me every day just how un-cool I am. And I digress, he's right!

Anonymous said...

I've read these for some time, but did you read the review for the milk on the same link? LOL.
always fun to find the creative mind.

Katezmom

Mo said...

Hannah who?

Just kidding. ;)
I bet if she wore that three wolves tee she'd be even more rocking than she already is.

Jacqueline said...

My husband and I have been rolling on the floor laughing for the last half hour. Thanks so much for the link! Your blog makes me happy

Mrs. Architect said...

OMG!!! That is freakin' hilarious!!!!! I am laughing out loud!!!!! My coworkers must think I've lost it.

Kari said...

You have successfully distracted an entire research centre (I am sure the Min of Health will totally understand why all the briefing notes are late today!) :)
I sent the link to one of my coworkers and then it spread like a virus. You can tell when someone gets the link because the uncontrolable laughter starts. The current fav is the uranium ore.
You post the best links!
Kari

Robyn said...

I had no idea about these either! I shouldn't be surprised.... I'm pretty out of the loop too... I've been thinking about renting high school musical just so I can see what I'm missing!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

My husband and I have been dying over those reviews! Thanks for the laughs!

Mrs. Limestone said...

This always happens to me b/c Im really an old woman in a not so old woman's body. Im very unhip.

But who couldn't love the Twilight series?

PS: Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.