Tuesday, December 08, 2009

A pick me up

So I think we've decided that this year we won't be putting out our Christmas decorations. Our house is a zoo with boxes half unpacked and piles of odds and ends everywhere. Next week our new appliances, cabinets and flooring will all arrive and fill our house to the brim. An electrician will be coming in and our moving old outlets and replacing them with new. We hired someone to come replace the existing window with a new one twice it's size, so he'll be cutting a hole in the side of our house...in the middle of December.

In consideration of all these factors it just doesn't make a lot of sense to go out and buy a tree that will eat up precious space. And putting out the breakable beautiful decorations just doesn't make a lot of sense.

And I know it's logical and practical to leave my snowglobes in storage, but the lack of festive cheer around our little house has really been getting me down. I mean, it hardly even feels like Christmas to me!

So, last night I took matters into my own hands. I decided that if I couldn't decorate my house, at least I could decorate my body. If you'd come by our house last night at about 8 pm this is the get-up you would have seen:





A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

4 comments:

dad said...

Exciting! I thought the cabinets weren't coming until after Christmas. Are we still on for Jan 8th?

Anonymous said...

a poinsettia, some garland and some Christmas lights would be easy ways to instill some cheer.

TRS

Jessica said...

Katie, don't be sad! You're busy, but some paper chain garlands and paper snowflakes could cheer the place up and no worries about breakage!

Becca said...

Meow Katie, meow