Thursday, December 10, 2009

She's officially christened!

We'll, we've finally cooked our first thing in the kitchen of our new house:


The ear doctor woke up early, threw on his snow stuff and braved the 4 degree weather one morning this week. It had snowed and I was running late so he gallantly picked up the snow shovel, broom and window scraper. His mission? to clear a way to my car, brush off the foot of powdery flakes and scrape the windows free of ice so that I wouldn't have to do it in my work clothes.

Unfortunately it was bitterly cold and he didn't have the time to clear off his own car before he was a human Popsicle.

When he came back in I took one look at his perfectly rosy cheeks and I realized what he'd done. I was so thrilled by the thoughtfulness of the gesture that I HAD to do something to show my appreciation.

I dug to the bottom of one of our many MANY kitchen boxes, pulled out a pan and boiled him up steaming hot mug of hot cocoa. I really wanted one too, but we only had enough cocoa mix for one cup...so I went without.



Kind of our own little Gift of the Magi moment, eh?

3 comments:

TRS said...

Aw!

cropstar said...

That's adorable. You got something good going on there.

Becca said...

So cute. I was a little curious about the title at first. Yes, my mind is in the gutter!