Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Ugh! Enough complaining!

Want to see something about our new house that has totally, completely and utterly changed my life for the better?





Yup...that's our totally ugly, not-in-keeping-with-the-historic-nature of our old house DOGGIE DOOR! The days of me walking our little Roscoe down 2 flights of stairs 10:30 at night when its 6 degrees out are behind me. Having the ability to just let him go do his biz whenever he feels like it is HEAVEN!

I assume this is about 1/10th the elation that parents feel when their kids are fully and totally potty trained.

However, now that I look at that photo that door may need a serious stripping and re-painting job...

....and that hardware could get stripped and restored as well...

...and currently that original door knob isn't functional...

5 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

Sigh...I'm seething in envy!

TRS said...

Oh sweet joy! I'm sure that has 100% changed your life for the better.

The only other option is converting the milk delivery door if you have one... but since the hole is already in the door... knock yourself out!!!

Maggie said...

So painting over the hinges was weird, but I like the petina (sp?) on the knob. If you don't you should try just taking steel wool to it. I tried that on a couple of our knobs upstairs until they shined like the top of the Chrysler building.

Katie said...

The knob LOOKS awesome, but the hardware inside is broken. We have another surface mount latch higher up that we use to secure the door.

I LOVE the way the old knob looks and some day when I'm sitting around bored I'm going to take the thing apart and see if I can fix it.

TRS said...

Steel wool? I would start with Brasso brass polish. You'll be amazed!