Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Envision

OK, so I fully know this is lame, but...


I was watching the Hellcats sometime in the last week and the episode was all about finding purpose in life by "following your bliss."

As embarrassing as it is to admit, the writers on the CW got me thinking. Am I following my bliss? Do I even know what it would look like if I were smack in the middle of my bliss?

So for the past few days I've been thinking about what would be my most blissful experiences and then see if somehow they could become my daily reality. Things that someone actually PAYS me to do.

Have you ever heard of a job where you spend the first 2 hours of your day up to your ears in dirt...planning, prepping, caring for, harvesting and maintaining your garden? Only then to go over to your perfectly designing bakery and serve up your delicious baked goods to people on their way into work.

You then get to take a long lunch with your sweetheart. Each and every day.

The afternoon is filled with technical work. You pull up your computer, design something really great for a client's home. You call a contractor and he immediately starts demo on the problem. You put your computer away by 4 pm and have the entire night to spend cooking dinner and playing games with your family.

Because that life? my personal bliss

2 comments:

Janssen said...

That sounds excellent! Except I'd like to do readers advisory in the afternoons instead of engineering work.

Maggie said...

When do you actually bake your baked goods?