Monday, March 07, 2011

Symbol of our love

Last week the ear doctor spent an entire day judging a high school science fair. And he had a blast. He came home and told me all about the really smart kids, the projects that parents clearly did for their offspring and the attempts at science that some of the less technically gifted kids put together.

And then at the end of his description of the day he presented me with this beauty.


This is what marriage is. Always being on the lookout for what will make them really happy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A rocket pen, a rocket pen ...

... Oh no no I'm the rocket pen
Rocket pen ... burning out his fuse up here alone


... and I think it's gonna be a long long time ....

Kari said...

Love the pen! Also love that he judged a science fair. I need to get back into that -- it was so much fun in grad school and in the old city I lived in. Did he see any projects that the parents hired someone to help the child with it? When I lived in MN there was a "science fair consultant" that some parents(ie university profs) hired to "help" their children with their projects. I may have graded those projects extra extra hard!

MSmith said...

wonderfulness :)

Lindsay said...

Ooh! I judge at the science fair every year too. LOVE it. :)

(sadly though, I've never gotten a rocket pen...)