Friday, March 11, 2011

getting my groove on

Last night the ear doctor and I hosted a daddy/daughter event for the girls in our church aged 8-12. In my mind this was a perfectly coordinating activity with cute favors, beautiful decor, fun games and delicious homemade food. The kind of event that made people feel really special because someone took the time to work so hard, you know.

And then I realized that my guests would be 8 year old girls and 30 year old dudes.


So we met at our neighborhood bowling alley, had pizza delivered and made our guests buy their own sodas about the snack bar.


But guess what? It was awesome. Everyone had a great time and I didn't do too horribly at bowling (122 thank you very much).

The funny thing about me and bowling is that it really brings out my inner Rock StAWr! I mean, when those big white pins go flying I just can't help but lift up my arms and commence violent and furious fist pumping. It doesn't help when the alley is blasting Michael Jackson. And I don't really have the self control to contain myself even after I turn around and notice that one of the dad's had his camera out video taping my antics.


So if you happen to see a crazy red-head dancing around like a fool at a bowling alley on facebook today I wouldn't be surprised. It's me.

No comments: