Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Tuesday

I started reading Screwtape Letters again, and this time I read it with a pen. There are so many interesting ideas that are mentioned in there and for me it totally helps to make notes in the book. This may make me a bigger nerd than anyone originally supposed, but I'm willing to bare that burden. The book is WAY good, and I'd suggest it to anyone who wants a little introspection.

During work I had some interesting email correspondence with a friend. I'm so glad it happened, because it cleared up a lot of issues between us. Hopefully we can just move on now. The only thing is it would have been so much easier to just talk about it a month ago instead of me having to be a detective to try to understand how he felt. On the other hand, I probably needed the time to really come to grips with the truth.

After work I went shopping and found the cutest skirt and Nordstrom (my home away from home). I probably shouldn't have bought it since I still need to buy a washer and dryer, but it was just SO cute. Plus, I haven't bought any new clothes in over a month. What am I working so hard for if I don't allow myself some carefree spending?

I stopped by the men's department to see if my friend was at work. He is my crush's younger brother and I still haven’t yet decided if I want to pursue the older or younger version. Is the brother switch possible if I change my mind half way through the summer? He wasn't at work, so I didn't get to see him. Then, I stopped by Galyans to watch Eric ring people up for a minute. He is so proficient at that.

A big group of us went to dinner because a missionary that served in our ward came back for a visit. It was weird to see him as a normal kid and meet his family and stuff. I got sucked into a long conversation with his mom, which was really strange. She kept asking me questions and then she was listening so intently to my answers that it kind of creeped me out. I had a hard time maintaining eye contact. Anyway, when they left she gave me a big hug and then held me there while she told me that I had to come out to California and stay with them some time. I was like, "thanks, I will for sure," but I was thinking, "no way, you psycho."


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it obvious? Missionary Mom heard all about you from Missionary Boy. She was interviewing you to be her future daughter-in-law!!!!! Is MB cute?
-Michele

Katie said...

MB is kind of cute, but also pretty weird. I don't think I'd ever date him, but the way things are going out here in Colorado I don't know if I should be so picky. (J/K, I'd never lower my standards)