Thursday, February 23, 2006

Never stop learning

Last night I finally redeemed one of the many gift certificates the ear doctor has given me as a gift over the past year.

I went down to the seasoned chef cooking school and had my first cooking lesson.

At first I was a little nervous that I would be the youngest person there and no one would be nice to me, but boy was I wrong.

It was SOOOOOOO much fun!

I was one of the younger people there, but it really didn't matter. Everyone was so nice and the food we all made together was AMAZING.

Here is the list of stuff we made last night:

Field Greens with Champagne Vinaigrette
Penne with Roasted Tomato Sauce
Sauted Filet of Salmon with Chive and Oregano Aioli
Perfect Herb-Roasted Chicken
Rice Pilaf
Broccoli with Shallots and Mustard Seed
Rustic Apple Crostada

Doesn't that all sound D-lishious! It was. My favorite was the chive and oregano aioli with the salmon. I willdefinitelyy be making that some time soon.

6 comments:

Anth said...

I must be a hick. How does one pronounce "aioli."
That all does sound delicious!! Mmm, I'm hungry!

Katie said...

A-O-LEE, with emphasis on the "O". You aren't a hick, that's just a fancy, flavored mayonaise.

k said...

Yum! That sounds delish! I should really look into cooking lessons since just reading the list of dishes you made intimidates me!

Maggie said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I had more resources for making good meals for my family!

Katrina said...

Well, I was just planning grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner, but thanks to your inspiration, I'm going to make grilled cheese and oregano sandwiches now!

Sounds like a blast!

Mrs. Architect said...

MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! How jealous am I???