Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Ungrateful

This semester I am taking a class that should be really cool. The whole class (of about 30 students) is broken into 3 groups and in those groups we write up a spacecraft proposal. That's it. For the whole semester.

The only down side is that there is the most annoying person in the whole wide world in my group. They talk about inane topics incessantly and it drives me up the wall.

Yesterday I went to a kick-off meeting for a new club at school (SEDS in case you're wondering) and the annoying-monster was there. They took one look at the 8 foot long FREE sub sandwich the club had provided to anyone who wanted any and said, "um, next time you might want to consider a vegetarian option."

I was floored.

I wanted to turn to them and say, "Hello, it's free food and you don’t have to eat it if you don't want to. Why should an entire room full of people cater to your needs?"

But I didn't. Because I have some MANNERS.

4 comments:

litespeed said...

What is SEDS?

I can't believe they didn't have a phase 1 sub option!!!

Katie said...

SEDS-students for the exploration and developement of space.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, now you have me wondering if I am rude.

I'm allergic to every-freaking-thing! One of the most notable, and most common...is the typical seafood allergy.

I was at a social gathering, featuring a spread of hors d'vors (is that spelled right?) and I watched as the guy in front of me served himself some shrimp laden goodie... then used the utensil from the shrimp laden dish in the POISON FREE DISH next to it (meaning, a dish that I could eat if it weren't contaminated before my very eyes!)

Before I knew it the words were out of my mouth, I screeched, "you can't do THAT!" He looked at me in stunned shock, slightly amused actually... and I explained that he just cross contaminated a perfectly good dish with seafood, and now someone with a severe allergy is likely to DIE!!!

I'm amazed at how many people have no idea about the dangers of cross contamination.

Mrs. Architect said...

There is a girl I work with who on her bday, pitched a TOTAL fit and acted like the biggest B with an itch because she had to drive HERSELF to her bday lunch. Forget the fact that she got a free lunch, dessert included (we buy each other's bday lunches)...all she cared about was that she wasn't chofirred (however you spell that) around!

These people need to return to the 3rd grade and re-learn how the solar system works. The earth revolves around the SUN, not them!