Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Hil's wedding

Well, this last weekend I got to go to my cousin Hil's wedding. It was really so awesome and showed me just how similar my cousin and I are. The weather was cold and crappy on Saturday, so pictures outside the temple didn't last too long at all. I was very impressed with the photographer they picked. He was very clearly seeing every detail of the shot. I loved that he asked my grandma if she wanted to keep her dark glasses on, and that he told my aunt to fix her hair that the wind blew up. It's really important that a photographer sees every element of the photo, not just the focal points.

Their reception was held in an old, historic hall. A long skinny room with exposed brick walls and beautiful hardwood floors. The centerpieces were simple lime/grass green runners with a very vertical arrangement of yellow and white Gerber daisies. To each side of the vase there was a patch of wheat grass with a picture of the couple springing up. Very clean looking and modern. They hung about 100 round white paper lanterns all over the ceiling, which really make a cool statement.

My favorite part was that in the middle of the room there were stairs going down to the basement. This could have been a very awkward feature of the venue, but my cousin covered the railing with ply-wood and white table clothes, so it looked like a high, large table. Then, they displayed photos that they'd taken earlier. The frames of the photos were BEAUTIFUL! My grandpa made them all by hand and the grain in the wood was really SO pretty. I wish I had a photo of them to share.

The food and cake were REALLY good. I made myself sick and the white and brown chocolate fountains. The ear doctor and I danced a little in the corner because the music they were playing was so awesome. Even my grandma and grandpa joined us in a dance.

I took a lot of great notes from their wedding that I can't wait to apply to my own!

No comments: