Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My third favorite thing

In the foyer at my parents house there is an old antique sewing machine. It is beautiful and I love that it has always had such a prominent place in our home. All the women in my family sew so it is a particularly lovely symbol of our family.

Plus, my mom has had a cut crystal candy jar sitting atop it for as long as I remember.



So, it stands to reason that I also have a candy dish in my foyer. Just next to the candy dish is this little spot in our house. It is one of my very favorite.


The mirror has a heavy, dark stained wood frame that I got somewhere along the way. I think it was the first piece of "decor" that I ever spent over $100 on. I just loved it and had to have it.
The small white frame was a wedding gift from the ear doctor's cousin and we decided to put our engagement photo in it. I think it's purty.


The green vase is from Crate & Barrel and we bought it with wedding money. I saw it, fell in love and tried to hide my intense desire for something so frivolous. At the time, there was really practical stuff that we really HAD to buy. The ear doctor noted my instant infatuation and agreed that it was an essential item worthy of our gift money and without another word it was ours.

2 comments:

TRS said...

Love this vingette! Beautiful vase and all your pictures are so cute!

Robyn said...

I am enjoying this series Katie! Very nice way to keep the "things" under control.