Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Katie's Christmas

Well, I haven't done one of these in a while and since I love sticking with a holiday theme the ENTIRE month of December, here is a little info about me:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, especially if I someone puts the effort into designing their wrapping paper look like Jordan or Emily!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I can really go either way on this. Growing up we always had at least our artificial tree and usually a live one two. If you get a nice artificial tree I think it makes trimming a little easier.

3. When do you put up the tree? TREE DAY, duh! (the day after Thanksgiving)

4. When do you take the tree down? Hmmm, we probably won't take our tree down until we get back to Colorado from visiting the ear doctor's parents in California. That means a big mess probably, but that's alright.

5. Do you like eggnog? I can't get enough of the stuff! I love it with every fiber of my being. However, I do thin it down with milk because I think it is way to thick on it's own.

6. Favorite gift received as a child ? Wow, that is really hard to say. I really loved the doll house that my dad built by hand and used scraps of the wall paper that was in our house. It was stunning. I also really liked "my" telescope.


7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes (finally). My mom got the ear doctor and I the most beautiful modern looking white ceramic nativity this year. It looks breathtaking on low black entertainment chest.

8. Hardest person to buy for? My brother-in-law Dan. He's so non-materialistic that its hard for me to think of something he'll actually want.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister. I just get her anything that I would like.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Hmmm, I think cards are going to have to wait this year. They are always at the bottom of my list and this year I think we're going to run out of time.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing really comes to mind. Hypothetically, I'd probably just say something that someone re gifted without even thinking about it.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas. Hands down. Best movie of the season (and maybe all time?)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? It's different every year. Sometimes I collect all year long and sometimes I do it last minute. This year it's seeming to be more toward the latter.

14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Handmade chocolates or my Grandma's divinity or that apple cake with the rum FLAVORED sauce. Yummmmm.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, I like the ornaments to take center stage.

17. Favorite Christmas song ? This year? A tie between the Josh Groban "I'll be home for Christmas" and "Winter Weather" by Peggy Lee.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I've almost always traveled for Christmas and I like it that way.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Please, that's child's play. Who can't do that?

20. Angel on the tree top or a star ? Either. The significance of either is important and a great reminder of the season!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning for sure! Gifts should be opened one at a time so that everyone can enjoy the giving and receiving of them!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The Debbie Downers. I get it that you may not like the season as much as I do (hardly anyone does) but please don't rain on my parade.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? I'm really traditional when it comes to Christmas. I love red and green and anything with a sort of vintagey feel.

24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace on earth, goodwill toward men.




The idea for this meme is from Tricia, so go give her props.

No comments: