Tuesday, June 22, 2010

3 down, a billion to go

This weekend the ear doctor and I celebrated our third wedding anniversary! I can't believe I've been married to my best friend that long...then again it feels like we've been together forever. To celebrate we went to the Highlands street fair. I love a street fair. The people, the food, the crappy stuff you can buy...it's all awesome entertainment for me. The people from the butterfly pavilion had a both and let the ear doctor hold Rosy, their tarantula.



Gross. But he loved it.


The street fair was in our neighborhood, on 32nd street...which is a really cute street of old shops that has experienced some awesome revitalization over the past 5 years. One of the old Victorian houses on the street has been turned into a day spa. I'd seen it ever since we moved to the area, but never really been inside. Well, the ear doctor surprised me with a couples massage.

I'd never really had a full massage before, but let me tell you, IT WAS AMAZING. It put me into this kind of brainless trance. I left the spa feeling more relaxed than I ever thought possible.

Then, the ear doctor whisked me away for a picnic. I had no idea where we were going until we started driving up Lookout mountain. Our wedding reception was at the Boettcher Mansion 3 years ago and Saturday evening we returned. Someone else was having their wedding at the mansion, so we found a bench a little distance away. He'd made the picnic out of all the food we'd had at our wedding, and even remembered to get me a mini eclair. We had them at the reception, but I was so busy talking to people I never got to try a single one!





After eating we took a little hike to appreciate the view of the city from atop the mountain. It was breathtaking.

(I got sap on my fingers, so wasn't that thrilled. Also, hiking in flip flops? Bad idea)



Before we left the mountain we sneaked as covertly as possible over to the mansion to take a picture. I really wanted to get as close as possible, but we were both really worried about interrupting the wedding that was taking place. This is as close as we got to the building:



So for our anniversary the ear doctor 1) got me a massage 2) planned a romantic and sentimental picnic 3) let me take some self portraits (even though he hates taking them) and 4) got me my favorite flowers.



Pretty sure I'm the luckiest girl on the planet.

4 comments:

Janssen said...

Wow, what's he going to do for your FOURTH anniversary!? Glad you had such a delightful celebration.

Nicola said...

I couldn't imagine anything more perfect! What a wonderful guy you've got!

dad said...

Garrett is making this hard on the rest of us.

Mrs. Architect said...

Awww, he's SO SWEET!!! I love how much thought he put into everything!!! And that card is SO cute!!