Monday, June 14, 2010

Heads up

This weekend it rained. It rained and rained and rained.

That almost never happens in Colorado.

As a result we stayed in. We napped, I baked, we watched movies and I read. I'd been seeing this book everywhere so I picked it up at Costco and dove right in.

Have you read it? Why didn't you warn me that it was scary and suspenseful and creepily graphic? I was totally freaked out last night and couldn't get to sleep until I'd watched the end of The Blind Side at 3 in the morning.

This book should have the following warning on the title page: "Crazy engaging book about creepy, scary people that should not be read if you can't even handle watching the dumb movie I am Legend all the way to the end."

3 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

Thanks for the warning. I've seen this book everywhere, heard great reviews, and the title and cover were intruiging...but I WONT be reading it now. I, too, was totally freaked out by I Am Legend, so I'll pass on this one.

Katharina said...

I Am Legend left me shaking in my shoes. Curse the book club for picking this for next month!

Janssen said...

I too didn't get that warning and read it on an airplane, heading back to spend a week home alone. STUPID!