Thursday, December 09, 2010

Day 9

I remember a time just before I met the ear doctor and I felt so alone. Sure, I had some friends, but for some reason this overpowering feeling of loneliness fell on me and I felt a bit hopeless. I think being lonesome is the worst feeling in the world. It's just horrible. Whenever someone tells me they feel lonely my heart just breaks...it's such a tough thing to go through...especially at Christmas.


The thing that helped me most was relying on my faith and religion. It's maybe a little cliche, but it's true.



“Despite all we can do, we cannot have a fullness of joy in this world or through our own efforts. Only in Christ can our joy be full. This is why the angel proclaimed: ‘I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day … a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord’ (Luke 2:10–11). We are able to have a fullness of joy only when spirit and body are inseparably connected in the glorious resurrection to celestial glory. That joy, of course, comes only through the mercy of the Holy Messiah” --Dallin H. Oaks, Ensign, Nov.
1991, 74


Reminders to seek more Joy in my life:




1.Plush Joy pears $38/3 2.Comfort and Joy cards $16/8 3.Joy to the world gift tags $4.25/6 4.Joy to the World wall decal $9.95 5.Find Joy in the unexpected bracelet $55 (benefits juvenile diabetes foundation!)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Thank you Katie...I've been feeling a bit lonely lately and I really shouldn't. I shouldn't be lonely knowing that I have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior. Happy days to you.

cropstar said...

Your timing is impeccable. I too have been feeling a bit lonely today. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.