Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Small world

Last night I was invited to a ornament gift exchange hosted by a girl I hardly know.

As soon as I got there I was really excited because there were a whole bunch of women that I'd never met and seemed really awesome. Over cookies and wassail we chatted and got to know each other.

We talked about our families and our jobs. We talked about their kids and my dog. We talked about the neighborhood and the schools. We talked and talked and talked.

I can't remember how it came up, but at one point in the conversation, one of the girls said, "oh, I know Replikate..." (except she used her full real name which I'm not sure she'd want me to share and link to her blog) or something. My jaw hit the floor and I excitedly interrupted and said, "I know her too, she's awesome! We just went to the best show together!" and then a bunch of other people said, "oh, Replikate, she's the best." One said, "we went to church together when she lived in Boston." At which point a general consensus was made when someone said, "Basically, Replikate knows everyone."

So thanks, pal, for being so awesome and helping me feel super cool for knowing you!

2 comments:

k8 said...

oh my gosh!!! this is soooo funny! i'm guessing you met my newly engaged friend Ms. Kristy?

there goes the theory that all mormons don't necessarily know each other...we do!

Kelly said...

Now I want to know who the person was who knew Replikate in Boston, since that's where I know Replikate from...