Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Another Deflated Crush

So I thought I had a crush on this guy that I work with.

I was wrong.

We went out to lunch today, and I just wasn't really feeling the right vibe. He's a really cool guy, and will be a great friend to ski and longboard and play guitar with, but I don't really see any kind of romantic thing happening there. Too bad, it was nice thinking there was potential somewhere.

Anyway, I wore my new white James Perse shirt today (dressing to impress) and I totally spilled a gobber of salsa on my right boob. Stupid and really kind of annoying. Luckily this shirt is double layered. I just turned it inside out and now it looks like one of those cool shirts that is trying to be edgy by putting the stitching on the outside. I'm so resourceful.

The cool thing about today is that it is raining.

Beautiful rain down here means it is snowing up in the mountains creating a nice base for skiing soon. I am SO excited.

I got an Eldora pass. Eldora isn't the biggest or steepest of resorts, but it is only 30-45 minutes from Boulder, which means I can ski in the morning during the week and still get to work, kind of like Sundance for Provo.

Tonight is the season premiere of Gilmore Girls! I have to admit that I am completely addicted to that show. It is the only hour of TV that I really look forward to watching (and usually the only hour that I actually do watch). I'm skipping Enrichment to watch it, but I think that is alright since all they are doing is painting a pot and planting a flower; both of which I already know how to do fairly well.


6 comments:

katezmom said...

Gilmore girls is tonight. Darn, skippy, shoot! I have to go to High Council and report on the mish. Is Gilmore Girls at 8 or 9? Maybe I can zoom home.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!! I bought a VCR specifically so I can tape it when I'm not home. And so I can watch it over and over again.

Katie said...

Its the best show on TV. Hands down. My friends like Everwood better, but they are wrong.

Its on at 7 here, so probably 8 in Spokane, mom.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I feel about the whole adultery thing... I mean you don't expect it from RORY! She's just so GOOD!

-Sarah Marinara
www.sarahmarinar.org

Katie said...

Sarah- I know what you mean. My sister and I were just analyzing this last night. We really hope that they are not trying to take the show in the standard WB direction (all "sexed up"). The reason the show is so good is because it is normal and you can relate to it.

Mika said...

You are too funny! Thanks for the offer of money to see the movie, I think that we will be going to see it this very weekend during a matanae (is that how you spell that word?). We raided the change jar and came up with enough to go see a movie, I insisted that it be ND.

Hopefully you will find someone crush worthy soon. :) Maybe someone at the ski resort, at least you know they will be pretty cute, most people who ski are. LOL... my husband skis, I am biased!