Alright, so I have a confession to make.
Before moving to Colorado I would have bet the farm that I would NEVER in my life do what I am about to do, much less confess to it.
I'm buying a longboard.
Yep, that's right, friends. Little miss Nordstrom herself is walking into a skate shop and actually purchasing something from the long haired, volcom shirt wearing sales associate.
I know you're asking yourself, "why is the world spinning out of control" and "what happened to everything that was just and right in the universe"
My new fascination started Monday night. My friends threw a great BBQ for labor day and after we'd all eaten enough to make ourselves a little ill, we decided to go sit on the curb and watch people take turns riding the scooter. That was fun. Then, three people brought out their longboards. They tied ropes to the back of the scooter, and all three were towed at once. This was really fun to watch. Anyway, Sarah and I hopped on the scooter and we towed Amy W around the block. The scooter was WAY fun! Colin is trying to talk Sarah into selling her car and buying two scooters. I fully support this idea and am excited to go down and help pick out the color. Anyway, a longboard was just sitting there next to me and I decided to give it a try.
My experience with skateboards is limited to the three months we had one in our apartment senior year that I used to unload the dishwasher. I'd stand on it and roll from the dishwasher to the cupboard and back. Much less easier.
I tentatively stood on the board. I decided to stand with my left foot forward and push with my right foot. I was off. It really wasn't as hard as I'd always thought it would be. (This is a pretty typical discovery for me). Anyway, by the end of the night I was cruising pretty decently and didn't feel like I was going to eat it every time I took my foot off to push.
So now I'm getting one of my own. It'd be nice to have one because I could go ride at 3 in the morning and think instead of tossing and turning like I've been lately.
Other highlights from the weekend:
- Friday at bingo I got in trouble for talking too loud during the game. At intermission the caller came up to me specifically and told me to be quite. Why do I get this EVERYWHERE I GO?!?!
- Saturday Sarah, Amy E and I went to see Vanity Fair, which I didn't like at all. It was too long and the plot made me mad.
- Saturday night we went to this BBQ that was totally lame. The guy throwing it told me that I was limited to only bringing one friend becuase they didn't want it to get out of control. When I showed up there were only 4 people there. Lame.
- Sunday I went to dinner with my roommate (Amy G) at her grandparent's house in Greeley. I love her family. They are so funny and reminds me of my grandparents who I miss terribly.
- Sunday night was Amy's first bridal shower. It was pretty tame becuase it was all parents and grandparents. The one I throw her in December will be ragin in comparison.
- Monday morning the girls (Sarah, Amy W, Jocelyn and I) went to breakfast at Lucille's. It was DE-licious! I suggested that we make it a weekly ritual and they all agreed. It is SO good to have a solid group of girlfriends. I haven't had that in a really long time.
- Monday afternoon was spent making nanimo bars and sitting by the pool.
- Monday night was the BBQ.