Monday, September 13, 2004

Go BUFFS!

This weekend was AWESOME!

I headed up to Seattle Friday morning to watch the CU/WSU game. Friday my parents and I went shopping in Downtown Seattle. We went for lunch with my brother and my best friend from highschool, Brooke. It was SO good to see her again and catch up. She's dating an Italian who only wears Gorgio Armani (a perfect match for her). She just makes me laugh. We are so different, but different in a good way. She isn't the least bit interested in what she calls "typical American men" and only goes for Foreign guys. I really like American guys and sometimes find it hard to relate to people who didn't grow up in middle class sub-divisions like I did. I really like being around her because she makes my little shopping fetish seem mild. Compared to my friends here I'm a fanatic, but compared to her I hardly ever endulge. Its nice to get some perspective, especailly since I was feeling like I was out of control.

Anyway, that night Brooke, my mom and I went to the 5th Avenue Theater and saw Hairspray. It was SO good. I was floored. It totally reminded me of playing my violin in the pit for shows. I miss that. It would be a fun thing to do again for a couple of years.

Saturday was the big game. I wore my CU shirt and was the only person doing so in my area. We had WSU Cougar club seats, so I was in the minority for sure. At one point we picked an interception and ran it into the endzone. I was jumping up and down yelling at the field until I looked around and saw that I was getting the death stare from everyone around. I turned bright red and quickly sat down in my seat. Its a good thing I'm a cute girl becuase otherwise I'm sure I would have been at the recieving end of some pretty upset fan's emotional purging.

I have to admit that I really missed Eric. As I screamed loudly for the opposite team from everyone around me I thought about how nice it would have been for him to be there with me. He would have loved it.

After the game we went down to the state fair. It was glorious! Just in case you didn't know, I have a serious problem with self control when it comes to food. I'll just eat and eat and eat until I explode. Add to this the fact that I LOVE fair food. Add to this the fact that I was with my dad who'll foot the bill for overpriced food, and you can imagine my predicatment. I had all of the following:
  • BBQ Beef sandwitch
  • World famous Puyallup fair scone
  • elephant ear
  • curly fries
  • carmel apple
  • corn on the cob
  • sample of penuche fudge
  • Pepsi (AKA nectar of the Gods)

Pretty impressive huh?

Sunday morning we went ot IHOP for breakfast. After stretching out my stomach the night before, I was painfully hungry.

My flight back to Colorado was pretty interesting. I sat next to this guy who didn't take his sunglasses off the whole 2 hr and 45 minute flight. I didn't understand. It wasn't bright in the plane. Maybe he was a vampire or something. Maybe he was worried about the light reflecting of the multitude of sliver chains hanging around his neck. It will remain an unsloved mystery.

3 comments:

Anth said...

He had a hangover. I sat next to a guy once who wore his shades the whole flight, and he openly told me he had had too much to drink the night before.

Katie said...

I thought of that, but my flight was at 2:30 in the afternoon. Do hangovers last that long?

Anonymous said...

I don't know where this "Eric" character would have sat, because he wasn't sitting in my seat!