Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Blogging about TV

So I kind of think this is retarded to post about, but I'm going to.

Last night I watched my first episode of Super Nanny and I really liked it.

The premise of the show is that there are parents out there who just don't have a clue of what they are doing. I'm sure you've seen the type...they're always yelling at their kids in public, or buying them ridiculously expensive presents all the time. Well, this "super nanny" comes in, observes the family for a while, helps them try to learn out to be better parents and leaves having bettered their lives.

It sounded dumb to me when I heard about it.

I gave it a chance last night and was pleasantly surprised.

I felt so bad for these people because they just didn't have any idea at all how to help their kids. The mom was at her wits end and frazzeled and I just felt so bad for them. The mom even admitted that she felt like a bad mom and she loved her kids so much and just wanted to do the right thing, but she didn't know what else to do. It took them 2 hours to put the 2 year old to bed every night!

Anyway, super nanny came in and really helped them out.

Normally I don't really like reality TV that much, but this just seemed so real and honest that I was touched.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

I really liked last night's episode. What I really like about this show is that it is positive. So much of reality TV is negative.

Kelly said...

I saw that family on Oprah yesterday. Super Nanny rocks!

I was curious what her credentials are and looked her up. Turns out she's just a nanny and has been one for 15 years. Isn't that great? She just knows how kids work.