Tuesday, April 26, 2005

New Book

I was at the airport last night waiting to fly away from the mountain of sadness that has enveloped my family. Fly back to my happy world where my best friend is getting married to the most amazing guy possible. Fly back to my wonderful supportive, thoughtful boyfriend. Fly back to my job where people value my work and my opinion. Back to my life.

I finished the Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time (pretty fun little read) and I needed something to draw my thoughts away from the depressing alley to which it has been prone the last few days.

I picked up Falling Leaves by Adeline Yen Mah.



It is riveting. And revolting. I'm only 1/4 of the way in but so far parts have made me so upset I felt sick to my stomach. Any book that draws me in enough to elicit a physical reaction is very well written.

I suggest it to anyone who wants a really great, modern read.

1 comment:

Mrs. Architect said...

Oooh, I can't wait to pick it up! I need something a little more emotional after reading the Shopaholics (which are cute, but just very breezy reading). :-)

btw, LOVE your new pic on the side. That is a great picture!!