Tuesday, November 09, 2004

In need of a PEPSI

This morning when my alarm clock went off at 7 am I thought my head was going to explode. Never having had a hangover in my life I don't really know if the comparison is valid, but if that was even 1/10th of the agony ya'll subject yourself to I don't know how you stand it. My head was pounding and my body felt like it was filled with lead. I had to get out of bed and rush into my bathroom to turn it off. I had to use my stereo alarm clock because I misplaced my cell phone (which doubles as an alarm clock and source of all life force) last night.

Last night after a rousing game of dodgeball and rootbeer floats, I went over to the ear doctor's house. He wanted to go out and do something, so we went to see Ray.

It was a good movie.

I jumped a few time and was pretty uncomfortable at some points, but on the whole I think it was a pretty rad movie.

Great soundtrack.

The ear doctor said he was going to buy the soundtrack and I was glad because then I can burn it. Excellent.

During the movie we kissed a little bit. Only one other time in my life have I made out at the movies. I was young and it was something that *everyone* was doing, so what the heck. The cute thing is that I don't think the ear doctor had ever made out with someone at a movie. So, against my better judgment and usual hesitation to so openly display affection in such a cliche manner, I acquiesced. Everyone should be able to say that they've done that at least once in their life, right? Or am I ultra tacky?

Whatever the verdict, it was fun and at one point I looked over at him and my stomach started to tumble and twist into knots. Yea!

That movie was really long, and then we stayed up and talked. As a consequence I didn't get to bed until 3 am.

Work is really hard on 4 hours of sleep. Luckily I have more to people to entertain me that this cool girl, but it's still rough.

4 comments:

fMhLisa said...

I know that some of the being single part can really stink, but the "falling in love" part can feel so good. Sigh . . .

girl from florida said...

mmmm pepsi :)

Yay, I'm so glad your stomach twisted a bit! The important thing is you're having FUN! You have tomorrow off, don't you? Just sleep the day away and have sweet dreams about ear doctor.

xoxo

lizzy said...

Lack of sleep can feel like a hang-over (don't think less of me, but I've actually experienced it once).

But, from the sounds of your night, it was well worth it! :-)

Sarah Marinara said...

katie I'm so excited for you. Have fun with this beginning part where you get all gobbery and lovey around each other. Dude... I need me a beginning. LOL. And I feel you on the hangover thing... I think I have a vicodin hang over right now. bleh.