Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Contraband

Stolen from a cool girl with the same name.

ten random things about me:
1. My hair is curly but I straighten it every day
2. I love going to rodeos
3. I think the best place to dance is the kitchen
4. I love to buy pants more than any other article of clothing
5. I really really really want an orange kitten
6. I can touch my tongue to my nose
7. I love going to the movies...Especially on a Saturday afternoon
8. I've found a way to cook acorn squash that I absolutely love
9. I'd rather walk than run
10. I make my bed every morning

places I've visited:
1. London, UK
2. Havasupai Indian reservation...the only place left in the US where mail is still delivered by donkey
3. Puerto Vallarta, MX
4. Grand Canyon
5. State College, PA
6. Austin/Dallas, TX
7. LA/San Diego, CA
8. Seattle, WA
9. My grandma's house

eight things I want to do before I die:
1. Set foot on every continent
2. See my kids happy and successful
3. Always spend time with my parents
4. Play fiddle in front of a packed house
5. Find the perfect gift for my sister
6. Be called "Aunt Katie" by someone other than my real nieces and nephews
7. Spend a month in Washington DC and see everything
8. See a broadway show in New York

seven ways to win my heart:
1. Leave something for me under my windshield wiper
2. When you visit my parent's house with me, make your bed
3. Send my grandma a thankyou note
4. Tell me I'm pretty
5. Make me laugh until I almost pee
6. Not only let me be goofy, but inspire me to be
7. Genuinely care about my friends

six things I believe in:
1. If you work hard, good things will happen
2. There is a bigger plan
3. God loves me...more importantly God loves everyone, regardless of how they act or what they believe.
4. Timing is everything
5. Never stop learning and growing
6. My sister is pretty much perfect

five things I'm afraid of:
1. Ticks....Deathly
2. The bathroom mirror in the dark
3. Being lonely
4. Tight places
5. My fly being down in front of people (wink)

four of my favorite items in my room:
1. Blankey
2. My bathrobe
3. My violin
4. My family photo

three things I do everyday:
1. Make my bed
2. Think of the ear doctor
3. Miss my friends I don't live near

two things I'm trying to do right now:
1. Pass the time until I can leave work
2. Figure out where I can scam some free candy

one person I want to see right now:
1. Genius

8 comments:

Maggie said...

Thanks for the complement/.

The Unprocessed Project said...

Totally agree with the bathroom mirror...yikes!

Anonymous said...

If you sucked your thumb as a kid we are int he thumb and blankey fraternal order.

~Jef

Anonymous said...

What? You don't practice KICKBALL every day? I'm so disappointed...

Oh... and hi!

katezmom said...

I'm thinking you meant visited BY YOURSELF because you left off all of the places you have been with us, (pout) great post

Dan said...

Havasupai Indian reservation, eh? That is fantastic.

That's on my short list of places I'd very much like to go, because as it turns out, there's a waterfall there named...Mooney Falls.

And it was named so Back to the Future III-style, after the person who fell in. That person's name was Dan Mooney, a prospector from the 19th century.

And that's my name too. So I want to go and get a couple of great photos of me mocking his memory and our name by teetering over the edge myself.

Katie said...

Mooney Falls is AWESOME! To get to the bottom you have to climb down a slippery cliff and hold onto chains that are bolted into the rock. Very fun!

Anonymous said...

You STRAIGHTEN your hair every day?!?!