After reviewing the past month I think I've figured out how I did it and I'm here, spilling all of my dieting secrets. Please don't write them into a book and make millions without at least dedicating the book to me, m'kay?
- Get really sick. I had a bad case of stomach flu/food poisoning that really helped.
- Stop drinking diet coke like it is the essence of life.
- Switch from drinking 1% milk to skim. With the volume of milk I drink on a daily basis this cut a lot of fat out of my diet.
- Eat breakfast. I'm no nutritionist, but I think this has sped my metabolism back up because I get way hungrier all the time now.
- Eat slower at meals. The ear doctor and I have started putting our forks down between each bite and talking more at dinner. I end up eating WAY less.
- Walk with your sweetheart for 20 minutes in the morning at least twice a week. Since the weather got better we've been hitting the pavement. Such a great way to start the day with some quiet one on one time.
That's it. I think I've been on the elliptical machine twice in the past 4 weeks, so no real exercise has even gone into making this change happen. Score, huh!