Monday, October 27, 2008

Morning revelations

This morning the alarm clock went off twice and I ignored it.

Instead of pretending not to hear it and sleeping in (my immature idea), the ear doctor groaned and rolled out of bed. Perhaps he was extra tired this morning due to my 3 am strange hyper incident where I decided to assault him and laugh like a hyena in his ear? Hard to say. He pushed the mountain of puffy down comforter off and stumbled to the bathroom. Did I mention that he hates the down comforter? Hates it. His feet get too hot.

I lay in bed wondering if there was any way I could rationalize sleeping in. After 10 minutes of little doggie whimpers coming from his crate 2 feet from the foot of my bed, I decided it wouldn't be fair to let Roscoe's little canine bladder explode because I was tired.

I crawled out of bed and got in the shower. A little tap, tap on the bathroom door preceded the ear doctor's head poking in to ask me if I wanted to go on a walk with him and Roscoe. Pushing the suds out of my eyes, I croaked back, "yes, I'll be down in 5 minutes."


It was cold this morning at 6:45 am. Cold and dark. Even Roscoe didn't really want to be out there. As he walked through the frost covered grass he gingerly picked up each foot not wanting too much pad contact with the crunchy green stuff.

As we walked the sun rose and the frost melted. I looked over at the ear doctor and his perfectly round cheeks were rosy from the cold and I blurted out the first thought that ran through my head, "Babe! You are so good looking! You look like Christmas!"

He rolled his eyes at the supreme dorkiness of my comment. But as he turned, I caught one of his true, genuine smiles creeping across his face. He smiled because he knows that's pretty much the best compliment I can give.

I never in my life thought that I would find someone who understands that about me. So, today, I realize I am a lucky, lucky girl.

No comments: