Friday, May 08, 2009

Cool Denver House Friday

First off, you better hold on to your seat. If you didn't realize what a planning, scheming, Type A person I am then this will probably make your mind explode with the sheer nerdiness of what I've done.

I realized that probably most of you don't have the slightest idea of the layout of Denver, so I've put together a sketch of the area. In addition I've triangulated our housing search based on our personal most-traveled destinations and this is what I've come up with.


Our money-spot location is shown above in the cross-hatched zone. All the houses I've posted here have been close to the red circle. I've decided to let myself branch out of the little red circle that I've drawn around my search. Certainly there are some cool options outside the circle, right?


RIGHT!


Just look at this! Colorado thru and thru. If we lived here I'd bake an apple pie everyday and seriously consider raising chickens in the back yard!


For a mere $165K this 1940's farm house has 4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 1425 sq ft and costs good $100K beneath any house appraised in the neighborhood. That means we could roll up our sleeves and really add some value here!

Plus, can't you just see a couple of rocking chairs and a cute little sleepy Boxer named Roscoe napping on the porch?

4 comments:

TRS said...

Oh I can TOTALLY see you there! Wearing a long Ma Ingall's Apron when you go out to feed the chickens.

The red circle is Highlands Neighborhood, no? (obviously not to be mistaken for Highland's Ranch... ew)

Katie said...

Yup! We love Highlands!

Raven said...

So hi, the house is adorable, but that is not the reason for my comment. I am coming to Denver in June and would like to know what suggestions you have as a local?

I'd really appreciate your feedback!

PS. One day we are planning the Royal Gorge train/whitewater rafting thing as a day trip. Worth it?

Anonymous said...

Redneck Heaven :)