Friday, May 08, 2009

Throw us a bone

Last night the ear doctor and I went to the movies. We got there in time to take in all the previews...one of my favorite things. Usually I like seeing trailers and getting excited to see future movies. Especially since the good summer movies are about to be released.

Well, last night was not quite as fun.

After not one or two but THREE movies about the dark end of the world/machines eliminating mankind/the environment the trailer for the next Ice Age movie came on. The clip? Our little friend the pre-historic saber-toothed squirrel attempting, as he has been for the last decade, to get that little nut. That nut that is just within his reach, but he is never able to get it.


My question to Hollywood is this: Didn't you notice that we're in a freakin recession here? Don't you know that people are already depressed and a bit scared as it is? Do you really think we need to pay exorbitant amounts of money at the box office to watch an even MORE depressing version of our future? I don't think so.

Can't we just get some happy feel good movies made? Ones where people aren't wearing million dollar shoes but are fulfilled just the same?


Ones where the squirrel actually GETS his nut?

2 comments:

Mrs. Architect said...

I don't remember the last time I went to the movies. But from what you are saying, I totally agree! 100%!!

{Erica} said...

DITTO!