Monday, May 11, 2009

Things that didn't quite turn out this weekend

1. My fail-proof banana bread recipe turned out burnt, dense and sticky. Gross.

2. The Saturday morning cleaning-fest that typically overtakes our house was reduced to a cursory 409 spray-down and bread crumb smear.

3. My intent to make delicious perfect from scratch cookies for our party on Saturday night ended just barely alive. I actually served greenish cookies whose dough originated from a yellow plastic encased tube.

4. The hike I wanted to take the dog on? A mere figment of my imagination.

5. The dress I really need to start sewing for an upcoming event next month? Relegated to the bottom of the to do list.



Why did none of this get done? I was so distracted by my LITTLE SISTER HAVING A SECOND BABY!

Yup, Mags had her little baby boy early early early this morning (1:44). Apparently he is 8 lb 8 oz, 22 in, brown-haired perfection. I wouldn't know because NO ONE HAS SENT ME A PICTURE YET!

Ugh!


I can't wait to see his little mug in person on Thursday!










UPDATE: I finally got a phone picture. He's the BEST! They think he may have my sister's dimples!!!!!

8 comments:

Robyn said...

Congratulations Auntie!

Today is a great day to be born! I should know! ;)

Mrs. Case said...

Your sister is gorgeous; you guys look like you could be twins! Oh how fun to have a sister!

Eleanor said...

Congrats Maggie ...
oh, and Auntie too!

MrsEm said...

Congrats Auntie!

made sweet said...

how exciting!!

Mo said...

Omigoodness!! He is absolutely adorable, congratulations Auntie!

Mrs. Architect said...

CONGRATS!!! To you AND sis!

Heather said...

Yay Margs!