Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Frustration

Yesterday I systematically emailed every Stanford Mechanical Engineering professor whose research is remotely interesting and asked them for money.

I groveled.

I begged.

I pleaded.

I offered to grade papers or do grunt work.

On my way home from work I flipped on the radio. This girl was talking about how she bought her finace a $90K truck as an engagement present only to have to guy cheat on her 3 weeks later. Instead of demanding the truck back in court, she decided to just let him have it. She said, "I'm a trust fund kid so I paid for it in cash and it doesn't really make that much of a difference to me"

I was instantly ENRAGED!

It seemed so backward that some 22 year old trust fund kid dropped $90K on a guy who cheated on her and I'm sitting here ready to sell my soul for someone to pay my $44K tuition to the second best engineering program in the country. Surely that money would be better spent on my education than some moron's transportation?!?!?!

I can't even afford the $300 plane ticket to get out there for their prospective grad visit day on April 4.

Just another indication of how the whole universe is out of balance.

5 comments:

Maggie said...

Maybe this means you're not supposed to go to Stanford?

Katie said...

Since when have you been such a fatalist, Mags?

Mrs. Architect said...

I completley understand those thoughts beacause in other situations I have thought that same thing. But then I am reminded of how much I do have and how lucky/blessed I really am. Everything is relative.

-I havent commented (on any blogger comments) in a while because it has been so slow.

Katie said...

I know. Blogger comments suck, but I installed haloscan and it deleted all of my old comments and I want to keep those, so I dumped haloscan. Now I just tell myself that there are a ton of people reading my blog and just dying to comment, but they are too impatient to deal with a sub-par commenting system

Mrs. Architect said...

I understand! I just keep telling myself...they are just comments, they are just comments...